Sign up to receive a fortnightly email from say it with news and fresh designs

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Folksy Five #10

Just in case you've not seen the previous nine Folksy Five posts - this is a series of mini interviews with some of my favourite shops on Folksy. Many thanks to today's five sellers for taking part. Click on the shop banners to head over to their Folksy shops and see more of the lovely things they have made.

PS. Have you entered our giveaway yet? Win some free handmade cards!






Your name: Lizzie

Shop name: Lizzie Loves

Describe the items you make in 3 words: Bespoke textile gifts

How long have you been selling on Folksy: 3 months

How do you decide what to make next: At the moment I'm working on a couple of commissions so the decision on what I should make next has been taken out of my hands. I produce a lot of personalised cards and textile pictures so these have to be made to order. However, when I do find myself with spare time I have a note book brimming with new ideas that I jot down as and when they pop into my head. Sometimes I might find a piece of fabric, or a button that inspires me to start a design, luckily I'm never short on ideas.

You can also find Lizzie Loves on facebook where there are lots more designs available.

What are your 3 favourite items from your shop:








Your name: Fiona

Shop name: Inkyprints Originals

Describe the items you make in 3 words: Hand-printed, linocuts, journals

How long have you been selling on Folksy: 8 months

How do you decide what to make next: Juggling new design ideas with my printmaking, binding and exhibition schedules is one of the toughest tasks of all (aside from marketing) and I have to channel creative endeavour to run alongside commercial needs. New designs should enhance the development of the range. Next in my carving schedule I’m looking forward to romantic designs for Valentine’s Day and next year’s Wedding Season. I have more designs than time to carve and print them so I jot them down in one of my notebooks to make sure they get their turn under the lino knife.

What are your 3 favourite items from your shop:








Your name: Jennie & Dyfrig

Shop name: Peris and Corr

Describe the items you make in 3 words: screen-printed home wares

How long have you been selling on Folksy: Since 2010

How did you choose your shop name: This took us ages to come up with! But its our surnames.

What are your 3 favourite items from your shop:








Your name: Bonita Keay

Shop name: Beaky

Describe the items you make in 3 words: handmade, fun, unique

How long have you been selling on Folksy: About 3 years but have been selling my stuff elsewhere for 6

How did you choose your shop name: My shop name is really an anagram of my first initial and my last name (which is pronounced key). I can't take the credit though as it was a friend that started calling me Beaky years ago. When I started by business and was thinking of a business name that was the first thing that came to mind.

What are your 3 favourite items from your shop:









Your name: Helen

Shop name: Helle Belles Cards

Describe the items you make in 3 words: Quality Handmade Cards

How long have you been selling on Folksy: Just over a year

What How did you choose your shop name: This was simple, I just choose the pet name that my family have for me “Helle Belles”.

What are your 3 favourite items from your shop:




And their favourite items from the say it shop are:
Skiddaw button magnets
chosen by Lizzie Loves
Chlef music birthday card
chosen by Beaky
Essen bookmark
chosen by Peris & Corr
Baku birthday card chosen by Inkyprints Originals
Seoul beaded necklace chosen by Helle Belles Cards

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for inviting me to do this - it's such a great spot and an honour to be included. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I always love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...