Sign up to receive a fortnightly email from say it with news and fresh designs

Monday 8 April 2013

Cards I've made recently

I love crafting for myself. I don't need to worry about angel policies, or copyright, or making sure it is my own design. I like just having a play around and being creative. It's great to be free from the constraints of business crafting, like timing how long things take to make and thinking about how much the materials are costing.

I thought I'd show you a couple of cards I've made recently for friends and family.

A card for my goddaughter's 1st birthday



Personalised wedding card for friends

My first attempt at an easel card for a cousin

There are elements of these that I really like and could transfer to business designs - so watch out for a few new cards being added to the shop soon.

I'm linking this post up with Handmade Monday, a wonderful group of bloggers who like to share what they've been making recently. Pop over there now for some craft inspiration. And if you're looking for more blogs to read, there's a great selection of posts linked up at Sweet Sharing Monday too.

14 comments:

  1. I love your god-daughters card. It's so sweet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedding card is so simple yet so effective, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie. I spent ages playing around with it, layering up different textures. But sometimes simple is best.

      Delete
  3. I really like that wedding card - so nice to have something really personal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) I thought that since I was making it myself I should try to make it extra special and personalise it just for them.

      Delete
  4. Lovely cards, very individual. The wedding card is especially lovely. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I love making special cards for people.

      Delete
  5. These cards are really special - perfect the special occasions that they have been made for. The balloons attached to the string are a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that stripey bakers twine. Must get some more in different colours as it looks fab on cards!

      Delete
  6. I like the shape of the easel card, a bit different to use the tag shape. And the Giraffe card is lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to confess it wasn't my idea. I go to a craft club and learnt how to make them there. It flattens out to be long and thin so it can be used as a bookmark too.

      Delete
  7. Wow - they're all fantastic! I love the giraffe one - my son is giraffe obsessed, so one like in your shop (age 3) would be a nice easy sale!! Simmi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) Very happy to make you a giraffe card, I'll be in touch!

      Delete
  8. Your Giraffe Card is amazing! So creative! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I always love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...