Sign up to receive a fortnightly email from say it with news and fresh designs

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Folksy Five #5

I feel like this series of posts is properly established now I've reached #5. I'm really enjoying writing them and showing you my favourite shops on Folksy. And the wonderful thing is that more shops join Folksy every day, so there's even more amazing handmade creations to explore.

Here's this week's top five. Click on the shop banner to head through to the Folksy shop and see more of their lovely items.






Your name: John

Shop name: Reclaimed Time

Describe the items you make in 3 words: Reclaimed, Upcycled, Driftwood

How long have you been selling on Folksy: 18 months

What’s your favourite shop to buy supplies from: The beach, although you can never guarantee what you will find

What are your 3 favourite items from your shop:








Your name: Emma

Shop name: Ritzy Swish

Describe the items you make in 3 words: Textiles Art Gifts

How long have you been selling on Folksy: Since April 2011

What advertising do you do that brings the most visitors to your shop: Twitter, although stumbledupon is good and craftjuice. The folksy forums bring lots of views too.

What are your 3 favourite items from your shop:







Your name: Claire

Shop name: Created and Felted

Describe the items you make in 3 words: Felted, Colourful , Tactile.

How long have you been selling on Folksy: 3 years

Where do you make your items: Anywhere and everywhere. I love to knit outside in the garden (if it ever stops raining!) and of course at craft events when I'm chatting to my lovely customers, or curled up by the fire with an audio book in the background.....

What are your 3 favourite items from your shop:







Your name: Melina

Shop name: Dolly Daydream Designs

Describe the items you make in 3 words: Vintage, sweet and whimsical

How long have you been selling on Folksy: 4 months

On average, how many items do you make in a week: This really depends on how much spare time I have available and whether the old creative juices are flowing! I could sit down and make 2 or 3 cards in one day if I'm feeling inspired but i try to put at least one new item onto my Folksy shop a week to keep it fresh.

What are your 3 favourite items from your shop:







Your name: Lana

Shop name: Wishes on the Wind

How long have you been selling on Folksy: couple of months

Where do you make your items: By the window surrounded by beads and boxes in a very cramped living room!! and sometimes in the bedroom.

What are your 3 favourite items from your shop:



As usual I also asked each seller to pick their favourite item from the say it shop. 

Munich sheet music notebook chosen by
Dolly Daydream Designs and Ritzy Swish
Newry blue new baby card
chosen by Wishes on the Wind
Skiddaw button magnets
chosen by Created and Felted
Rhodes map notebook
chosen by Reclaimed Time

Many thanks to the folksy sellers for taking part. Do pop across and take a look at their shops. They have some fantastic items. I've certainly got my eye on one or two! 

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant blog.

    Some of my favourite sellers too. And some I've not seen before, so off to have a nosey.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed reading all the interviews ans seeing the great work. I feel very complimented to be included. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for including me in your Folksy Five interview. Lovely to read about the other sellers too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I always love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...