Sign up to receive a fortnightly email from say it with news and fresh designs

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Folksy Five #9

I've got some more of your favourite Folksy shops today. There were too many nominations for me to pick just five, so I thought I'd spread them over two posts (see the first one here). The title's actually a bit of a lie, as there are only three shops featured today rather than the usual five!

Thank you again to everyone who nominated their favourite shop, and thanks to today's Folksy sellers for taking part. As usual, click on the shop banners to browse these wonderful shops and see all their handmade goodies for sale.






Your name: Tracy

Shop name: Cinnamon Jewellery

Nominated by: Hazel @ Flame Haired Jewellery , Colleen @ Midnight Star Designs and Nana @ Nanfan

Describe the items you make in 3 words: Colourful, rustic, different

How long have you been selling on Folksy: Nearly three years

What’s your top tip for someone selling on Folksy: Be prepared to work at it! Put as much effort into how your shop looks as you do in making your items. Read up on the DSR's and fill in your policies. Write a profile – buyers like to know a bit about who they're buying from. Acknowledge every sale and post promptly. A well presented shop reassures buyers you care. Work on your photos - experiment with backgrounds, read up on how to use your camera to get the best results. List regularly and write good descriptions - what your item is made of, measurements, etc. I could go on but I'll stop there!

What are your 3 favourite items from your shop:








Your name: Armine

Shop name: Picocrafts

Nominated by: Nikki @ Bucket and Spade Designs and Helen @ Helle Belles Cards

Describe the items you make in 3 words: papercrafts, needlecrafts and scented sachets

How long have you been selling on Folksy: One and a half years

What’s your favourite shop to buy supplies from: I have a few favourite online shops that I buy my items from. For scrapbooking materials I love The Craft Emporium because they always have beautiful papers from my favourite designers. And for basic craft items I use Cardcraft because their prices are good and p&p is free.

What are your 3 favourite items from your shop:







Your name: Sam

Shop name: Pants and Paper

Nominated by: Colleen @ Midnight Star Designs and Pauline @ An Occasional Daydream

Describe the items you make in 3 words: Shabby Chic & Unique

How long have you been selling on Folksy: Three and a half years

What advertising do you do that brings the most visitors to your shop: My best promotional tool at the moment is Facebook. I have made a real effort lately to try and spend more time there and it has paid off, with most of my viewings/sales coming via my page. I also use an advertising site https://www.projectwonderful.com/, which I use to place an advert on various blogs and other relevant sites mainly at weekends. It is very quick and easy to use and fairly cheap too.

What are your 3 favourite items from your shop:



And as usual I asked them to pick their favourite item from the say it Folksy shop:

Sarajevo postcard chosen by Cinnamon Jewellery
Tinos mini map jotter chosen by Picocrafts
Skiddaw button magnets chosen by Pants and Paper


2 comments:

  1. Great post and lovely items from the other shops featured.
    Thanks for including my shop too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking part. Your jewellery is lovely.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I always love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...