Sign up to receive a fortnightly email from say it with news and fresh designs

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Behind the scenes - March


After a relatively quiet January and February the orders are starting to build up again. I can definitely tell that wedding season is beginning! So I have mostly been making up orders and doing trips to the post office.

I sold my 50th travel journal with Australia on the front. That's a lot of people taking my journals to Australia! And I sold my 100th wedding card. Over half have been Bruges design. I love to think of happy brides and grooms receiving a card I have made.

Since my travel journals are so popular I thought I'd introduce a new one, designed especially for giving as a wedding gift. The new honeymoon journal has a map heart with any location and personalised text underneath.

As well as making making making, I did find time for a few other things. I revamped my newsletter, moving to a new fortnightly email. The plan is to have two concise emails rather than one long newsletter with everything in. I'm hoping that one can be about new products added to the shop that month, and one can focus on wider stationery or handmade news. If you're interested, you can sign up here!

I also created some new packaging for my notebooks and journals. I'd been thinking about how to update it for a while, as a simple paper band was looking a bit boring. I now use a label tied on with orange ribbon, and I'm really pleased with it so far.

And I've been shopping again! I found an amazing atlas on ebay. It's still sitting on the chair in my workroom as I'm a little scared to cut it up. But I keep telling myself that it will look beautiful made into journals and be so much more loved than a dusty old atlas kept in someone's loft. I bought some more glue too. I feel like I say that every month - I use a lot of glue!

I'm taking a break over the Easter weekend so my shops are shut for a few days, but they'll be open again on Tuesday 7 April.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I always love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...