Sign up to receive a fortnightly email from say it with news and fresh designs

Tuesday 15 January 2013

New branding: a sneaky peek

I have been wanting to sit down and think about my branding for a while now, but with the Christmas rush I just didn't have time to do anything but make up orders and take trips to the post office. Thank goodness that January is a quiet month sales-wise. I am enjoying having the time and space to consider what I want for say it and come up with a wish list of things that I'd like to achieve this year.

Top of my list is to refresh my branding. When I designed my current branding I knew very little about how my shop would work out, what I would sell, who my customers were etc. I think I did ok, but 16 months in it definitely needs a spring clean. I don't want a totally different brand, I want it to be recognisable as me so I know that some of the aspects of my brand will need to stay the same, I can't change everything. So I listed out the different parts to figure out which bits to freshen up.

Name - definitely not changing this. I did think about it as I'm never going to do well in the search engines for 'say it'. But it's my name and I'm keeping it.
Font - I like my fonts, so I'm keeping these too.
Colour - blue's ok, but I'd like to combine it with something a bit more fun.
Logo - the speech bubble with little pictures inside works well so I'm keeping the idea, but it needs updating to reflect a more professional image.
Background - the crazy flowery background has to go! Something light coloured and plain seems to be in fashion at the moment. 

I'm still playing around to see how my ideas look as shop banners, avatars, business cards etc. However, I can share with you a sneaky peek of what's currently on my drawing board:




I'd love to hear what you think. Am I on the right lines? Or is this worse than what I've currently got? Hate the orange? Please let me know



4 comments:

  1. I think new branding is a great improvement, without actually changing too much which is a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's encouraging to know I haven't gone completely wrong!

      Delete
  2. Looks good so far! I like the contrasting colours, and your logo is simple and eye catchy. I too am trying to brand my self a bit better, to suit what I make and sell.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I always love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...