Sign up to receive a fortnightly email from say it with news and fresh designs

Thursday 26 September 2013

Happy 2nd birthday say it


Two years ago this week I nervously listed my first few items for sale on Folksy. I was out of work and not getting anywhere with job applications. I decided that making and selling a few cards would help keep me busy and hopefully bring in a few extra pennies that we desperately needed.

It's been an amazing two years and I must say a massive thank you to each and every one of you who has helped make say it a success. Thank you to my lovely customers, blog followers, the amazing people I've met on Twitter, everyone who has liked my Facebook page or shared a pin on Pinterest. I'm proud to say that I now have the most wonderful job in the world - and it didn't involve rewriting my CV or going for interview!

I've sold nearly 400 cards and 120 notebooks, along with plenty of other stationery items. For one girl sat in her spare room with a craft knife, steel ruler and roll of double sided tape I don't think that's bad! This August was the best month ever for sales, and I'm looking forward to the madness of Christmas as my little handmade stationery business continues to grow.

So happy birthday say it. Party hat and a piece of cake anyone?


2 comments:

  1. Aw congratulations to you, and your shop :) It shows how talent and dedication can go an awful long way - hope you're looking forward to the next two years :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) It's taken a lot of work, but definitely worthwhile.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I always love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...