Sign up to receive a fortnightly email from say it with news and fresh designs

Wednesday 25 January 2012

New year new craft #2 - fimo

We just happened to be in a craft shop in Hull, and they just happened to stock fimo, and I just happened to buy some...

I've not used it since I was a kid, when I used to make miniature food for my dolls and teddy bears, so they could have tea parties. But I enjoyed having a little play, practising blending colours and making it into different shapes.

And here are the results of my first attempt:





I'm rather pleased with them. I think the letters have worked well. I was concerned that you wouldn't be able to read it, but I actually think it's pretty good. The fimo hearts just add a bit of depth to the card, rather than using paper all the time. The beads I made were less successful and I definitely need some more practice. These were the best ones, strung into a necklace using seed beads. I've not even bothered to photograph the others !

Both cards and the necklace will be available in the say it shop soon.

2 comments:

  1. I think your beads are pretty impressive, I would never have guessed it was your first attempt.
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks liz. I will definitely have another go at making some more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I always love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...